Unbelievably Easy Foolproof Yeast Rolls
This recipe is a little unconventional, and foolproof even for those who say they just can’t seem to make yeast breads work. Try it just once: you’ll LOVE it!
Yields: 32 medium rolls (Serves 16)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons active dry yeast
5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 400 Dees-grees.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar, and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
2. Measure flour in a large plastic bowl (the kind that has a sealable lid). Make a well in the flour. Pour the warm milk and yeast mixture into it. DO NOT STIR! Cover with the lid, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Pour melted margarine into the flour mixture. Mix well enough to moisten, but do not overmix. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly – VERY lightly… like 15 times.. no more. Cover again, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into rolls, and place on a baking sheet. Cover with wax paper and let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Bake rolls in a pre-heated 400 Dees-grees oven for 6-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
You’re gonna LOVE ‘em!